I Wish We Were Reading/Watching/Listening To/Experiencing This Presentation
This presentation invites you to work with a classmate to bring texts into the class that have been left out but should be part of our discussion. Besides bringing new texts to our attention, this assignment asks you to make arguments for how and why the texts you choose are valuable to our conversation.
1. You will select a partner and work together to craft a 20-minute presentation in which you present us with two texts that would work well with our class texts.
2. Because we are covering postmodern/poststructuralist/feminist/decolonial/postcolonial as well as contemporary theory, you are welcome to select texts from any of those theoretical frameworks that you think would fit well with the course. It can be book length, article length, or anything in between.
3. In the presentation you should briefly summarize the piece and then tell us why it would fit well in our class. Feel free to provide snippets of the piece (quotes, clips, etc.) but keep those short.
4. You can use PowerPoint, Prezi, or something else that suits what you want to do.
5. It is up to you how you split up the time. You can each present one of the pieces or you can both talk about the two pieces. You can do a more formal presentation where you talk to us, you can talk to each other conversation-style, or you can do a blend of both. You decide.
You will sign up for a date to deliver your 20-minute presentation on our course Google drive. There will be five minutes for questions afterwards. Please make sure to practice your presentation and to stick to the time limit. Besides allowing us to complete other planned activities for the day you present, working on your ability to deliver your ideas within a given time limit will be excellent practice for conference presentations, for which you always need to be mindful of time.
Before class time on the date you present, you will upload your presentation to the course’s Google drive folder titled I Wish Presentation. The name of your presentation should be I Wish Presentation, followed by your last names, i.e. I Wish Presentation Royster Smitherman.
have questions about this assignment, feel free to email me, stop by my office
hours, or make an appointment.